About Me

My photo
Irish, Geek, Hockey player. Loves Charity work, Spontaneity and a Challenge. Currently Conducting Academic Research into B2B Social Media use, more to follow...

Thursday 8 July 2010

THPS2

How many of you played Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 on the Playstation? I was addicted to the game.. in fact, I still play it, on my old school PS2, on a regular basis. I just love the thing. So, when I saw it in the appstore, I swear I wee'd myself a bit with excitement.

I don't know about you though, but my experiences of old school games on the iphone haven't exactly been great. I bought Sonic a while back - proper old school, proper hard. Impossible to get past the third level. Golden Axe - again, impossible.

But I can't lie, you have to get Tony Hawks! Takes a few minutes to get the hang of, but once you do, you're in for a whole world of enjoyment. As far as I can tell, it's got pretty much all of the level goals from the original as well as the hidden areas.

Levels include: The Hanger, School II Southern Cali, Marseille France, NY City New York, Venice Beach California, Skatestreet Ventura, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and The Bullring Mexico. Not bad for £2.99.

The Downside though... the soundtrack. Some numbskull decided to give it a new one. So I advise you do what I do: get your hands on the original, play it, mute the game music.. SORTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment